I qualified as a counsellor in 2006 and am a registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy). I am in regular Counselling Supervision and undertake Continued Professional Development (CPD) and Training.
Prior to setting up my own private counselling practice in Chichester and Westbourne, West Sussex and in Portsmouth, Hampshire I worked as a counsellor in general practice, in secondary education, in the field of addictions and with carers. I am also co-founder and partner of Portsmouth Therapy Partnership
I provide a warm, professional and confidential space where you can talk openly about the issues which are bringing you into counselling.
I am committed to providing an inclusive counselling service that does not discriminate against age, ability/disability, culture, race, religion or belief, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation.
- I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Counselling Professionals
- I am fully insured and hold a full DBS Certificate with the Disclosure & Barring Service
- I am a registered Data Protection Controller with the ICO Information & Commissioner’s Office for Karin Davidson Counselling Service and jointly responsible for the Data Protection of Portsmouth Therapy Partnership
I am a Member of the following Groups & Associations
- BACP – British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- ACBS – Association for Contextual Behavioural Science – relevant to Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- ACTO – Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy On Line
- The Compassionate Mind Foundation – relevant to Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
- SGCP – The Solent Group for Psychotherapists and Counsellors